Michael Norman, President
Brandon Burress, V.-President
If you wish to contact a school board member, please visit our contact area.
School Board Meeting Dates
The Sunman-Dearborn Community Schools Board of Education meets on the second Thursday of each month at 7:00 PM in the Library at East Central High School (date, time and location subject to change, check the School Board agenda on this website to verify) located at 1 Trojan Place, St. Leon, Indiana 47012. Please check the school board calendar for special board meeting dates.
Anyone attending the School Board Meeting should enter through Door 10 (doors that face Trojan Place). Doors open 30 minutes prior to the start of the meeting.
|January 12, 2017
||February 9, 2017
||March 9, 2017
||April 13, 2017
|May 11, 2017
||June 8, 2017
||July 13, 2017
||August 10, 2017
|September 14, 2017
||October 19, 2017 *
||November 9, 2017
||December 14, 2017
* The October meeting is the third Thursday due to fall break.
Public Participation in Board Meetings
The Board of Education of the Sunman-Dearborn Community School Corporation recognizes the value of public comment on educational issues and the importance of allowing members of the public to express themselves on school district matters. Persons who are seeking routine or specific information will be encouraged to submit their questions to the appropriate school employee.
Rules for Public Comments
- Those persons who wish to address the board during the agenda item entitled "Public Comments" shall state their name, address and the topic they wish to address.
- Statements will be limited to three (3) minutes in length. Comments shall be directed to the board, not to individual board members.
- Statements shall not be abusive or argumentative. Persons making comments shall not debate statements made by other persons.
- It shall not be permissible to orally present or discuss complaints against individual employees of the Sunman-Dearborn School Corporation at any board of school trustees meetings. Such charges or complaints shall be signed by the person or persons making the charge or complaint. Issues relating to personnel, individual circumstances, or an individual school, will be referred to the building principal or an appropriate administrator in an attempt to resolve the issue prior to an appeal before the board.
- The Board President will enforce these rules and may take actions necessary to maintain order at the meeting. Such actions may include, but are not limited to:
- Interrupting the speaker if the statement is too lengthy, unduly repetitive, or otherwise violates the rules.
- The President may terminate the address of any speaker who violates these rules.
- Limit the total amount of time devoted to public comments if there is a large number of people wishing to address the board or if there is a large agenda of other business before the board.