Community School Corporation will convene a Public Meeting on April 27th at 7:00 p.m. at the
East Central HS Study Hall Room #142, 1 Trojan Rd. St. Leon, Indiana 47012, for the purpose
of discussing and hearing objections to and support for this proposed contract for Superintendent
The details of the proposed contract include:
1. Length: Initial Contract of three (3) years July 1, 2015 to June 30, 2018, with a minimum
number of working days per year of 260 days; Unless the Board votes not to have the
contract extended by June 30 of each year it shall automatically "roll over" one year as
necessary to ensure a minimum of a three (3) year agreement.
2. Base salary for each year of the contract consists of a salary of $130,000.
The Superintendent shall be eligible for any benefit increase paid to other certified staff or
administrative staff. The Superintendent will be evaluated each year using the same
categories as teachers and other administrators.
3. Additional forms of compensation for each year of the contract consisting of:
a. $4,750.00 contribution to retirement annuity accounts (401A, and 403B).
b. $13,650 contribution to the Indiana State Teachers' Retirement Fund;
c. $368.64 contribution for term life insurance premium;
d. $374.40 contribution for long term disability insurance premium;
e. Contribution for family health insurance premium -$1,500($14,796.00)
The Board contribution may be adjusted if the plan administrator increases the
premium/cost for the same level of coverage.
f. $6,000.00 contribution for a Health Savings Account
g. Up to $1,000 for memberships in State professional organizations.
4. Granted the following paid leave days as needed for each year of the contract:
a. Paid holidays granted to all 12 month employees of the Corporation
b. Fifteen (15) paid vacation days each year. The vacation days are not cumulative.
5. The Corporation shall pay $500 per month for auto/mileage reimbursement for professional
travel within the Tri-state area.
6. The Agreement can be canceled by the Board for the same list of reasons applicable to
cancelation of the contract of an "established teacher" found at Ind. Code 20-28-7.5-1(e).
The Superintendent can cancel the agreement by giving 30 days written notice of
Board of School Trustees
Sunman-Dearborn Community School Corporation